Year 10 Career Explorer Week – 18th May
Monday- Music Industry
· Grace Carter- Singer songwriter, aged 22, who went to school in Brighton and went to Access to Music in Year 12 and came third in the BBC Soundpoll of 2019 and was most recently part of the Stay Home Live Lounge number 1 single, Times like these.
· Henry Flint- producer/writer/ classical musician who studied classical music at Durham university and has worked nationally and internationally with artists such as Sigrid, James Arthur and Ellie Goulding.
· Martin Rossiter/ Head of Songwriting at BIMM and is a singer, musician and educator, with extensive knowledge of the music industry. ( was lead singer of Gene in the early 90s…one for the parents)
Tuesday Creative and digital industries
· Rob Verheul- Graphite Digital is a Brighton based Digital Agency that works with international brands to create and improve digital products and services. Rob runs something called Digital Day to encourage young people into the industry
· Rebecca Groves is the Skills and Talent Strategy Lead for Wired Sussex which has over 2000 members and supports the digital media and technology sector across Sussex.
· Huw Milward- Microsoft- Shelley you have info I presume
· Wednesday- colleges day
· BHASVIC- James Moncrieff who is Deputy Principal
· Varndean College- Donna- Marie Janson- new Principal
· GBMET-Martyn Howe- Assistant Principal
· Thursday- Entrepreneurship
· Claire Griffiths at Brighton University who is the University Entrepreneurship Educator and has founded her own business called The Thrive Effect.
· Russell Hobby- CEO of Teach First that supports entrepreneurship and business start-ups.
· Aim to have a couple of young entrepreneurs
The Zoom log in details are https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82048900487