ACT Early National Safeguarding Website Launched
A new national safeguarding website www.actearly.uk has been launched to help the public share concerns about a friend or a loved one who might be vulnerable to radicalisation.
It can be hard to know what to do if someone close to you is expressing extreme views or hatred, which could cause harm to themselves and others.
Research shows that family and friends are well placed to help spot the signs that someone might be vulnerable to radicalisation. Please do share this new safeguarding resource widely amongst your staff and school community.
Families and friends are encouraged to ‘ACT Early’ so their vulnerable friend or loved one can be safeguarded and get the support they need.
The ACT Early campaign aims to:
1) Increase awareness of the signs of radicalisation.
2) Increase understanding of, and confidence in, the referral process.
3) Increase awareness of further information and support.
4) Encourage referrals from concerned family and friends at an early stage.
5) Safeguard vulnerable individuals and others.
The site also details real life stories from individuals who have gone through similar experiences and have been supported and safeguarded away from radicalisation.