Dear Parent /Carer
I hope you are well and that you have had the opportunity to enjoy some of the benefits of the recent relaxation in lockdown restrictions.
It is great to see all students back in school. We are extremely proud of the way in which they have complied with Covid protocols and adhered to our rules and regulations that keep everyone safe.
To ensure Patcham High remains a Covid secure school please can I ask for your support with following:
- Please continue to encourage your child to carry out twice weekly (Wednesday and Sunday) lateral flow tests.
- If you or your child has COVID symptoms, your whole household must self-isolate and seek a PCR test. (If you or your child have COVID symptoms do not use the rapid home LFD tests. A negative LFD result does not indicate you are COVID free.)
- If your child has been instructed to self-isolate they must not come into school until they have completed their 10-day period of self-isolation.
- If any member of your household tests positive for COVID with a rapid home LFD test, they must seek a PCR test immediately, and at the latest within 2 days, and all members of your household must self-isolate.
- Please continue to follow the Government’s instructions around Hands, Face, Space, Fresh Air.
- If you are offered a vaccination please do take it up as this really does contribute to keeping everyone safe.
Please can I also make you aware that you may be eligible for financial support if:
You are the parent or guardian of a child in your household who is self-isolating, and you need to take time off work to care for them
Your child is aged 15 or under, or aged 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan, normally attends an education or childcare setting, and has been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or by their education or childcare setting
You are unable to work from home and will lose income because you have to care for your child while they are self-isolating (Please visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/sips for further information and to apply for a payment).