Headteacher Letter – Living with Covid
Thank you very much for your support with the tightening up of our expectations around Uniform and Mobile phones. We have had a great start to the second half of this term.
As you are aware the Prime Minister has set out the next phase of the government’s COVID-19 response ‘Living with COVID-19’. We will be adhering to the latest advice and guidance relating to this phase that states:
From Tuesday 22nd February
- Routine twice-weekly asymptomatic testing for staff and pupils over the age of 11 in mainstream provision should now cease.
- Routine twice-weekly asymptomatic testing for staff and pupils over the age of 11 in in SEND settings, alternative provision settings, and SEND units within mainstream settings should continue.
From Thursday 24 February
- You will not be legally required to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID-19. You should stay at home if you can and avoid contact with other people. It is good public health practice to say at home if you are unwell with COVID or any other respiratory illness.
- You will not have to take daily tests or be legally required to self-isolate following contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Until 31 March
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms you should avoid contact with others and order a PCR test. If you test positive, stay at home and avoid contact with other people.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns or require further clarification.